Re: new mac mini with fw800 ... hoooorra!

Per Boysen wrote:
> 2009/3/5 Raul Bonell <raul.bonell@gmail.com>:
>
>>http://www.apple.com/macmini/
>

> ...eh, you don't actually mean you bought one? That would be wonderful!
>
> I was reading about them yesterday and thinking that this would be a
> nice touring box for looping, if setting it up with Mobius to use
> without screen or keyboard. What a compact solution, just this little
> box!
>
> Then I read it has BlueTooth and WireLess so in case you need to
> chance software settings on the fly you can use an iPhone as the
> keyboard. Hm, maybe the iPhone can be used as additional looping
> control surface too. Personally I prefer using hands for physical
> instruments though, but a singer or a remix oriented prefab loopist
> could go that route. But five USB2 ports will let you hook up a lot of
> gear to it anyway.
>
> Per

Yup, looks interesting. Still find 4GB ram a limitation, though.
Per, I wonder if Samsung's dirt cheap iPhone/Pod killer (a friends
statement, don't remember the model, will poke) will work for this too,
don't see why not.

FW800..  for desktop music editing actually pretty useful:
. connect a FW800 switch to which 3x 2½" drives are conected:
   . one for audio apps
   . one for soundfonts
   . one for the projects
  . use an RME fireface800 interface