Re: how do you loop?

I use a laptop and a bunch of acoustic hardware instruments. I don't
go for the full band sound thing but try to perform each tune on just
one instrument and use different looping techniques to make that
instrument sound in different ways for orchestrating and arranging.

Rarely I run more that five loops in parallel (but then four go
together as a "rhythm kit"), simultaneously sounding, usually just one
or two and layering musical parts.

I use two main concepts for chord vamps: One is to simply create many
alternative loops (cued up on the same looper track) where each loop
means a unique chord. The other way is to record a major or minor
chord drone in one loop and then speed/pitch shit that loop into the
chord I need at different moments of the music.

Software:
Apple MainStage, SoundToys Native Bundle, Mobius AU (looper as temp
sync master).

Music i listen to:
I can't get enough of Prodigy's "Invaders Must Die" nor "Cartography"
by Arve Henriksen. Oh, and a preview of Isis upcoming album "Wavering
Radiant" made a great impression.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se