Re: how do you loop?

All of my sound creation is synthesized.

The brain + looper: Ableton Live
The synths: Reason
The effects: kaoss pad, live's and reason's effects
The controllers: mk461c midi keyboard for most instruments, nanopad
for percussion

Also I have a super cheap mic I haven't really taken advantage of yet.

Currently (since i'm still very new) I try to build up a decent
sounding electronica track and progress it through different parts,
but all live and starting from scratch. My long term goal is to be
able to play a full set for a group of people without anyone (who
doesn't look at me) knowing none of it's prerecorded.

Amazing songs:
Add another for "Invaders must die"
Sigur Ros' Gobbdygook
and...well, it's not very musically amazing but I'm on a Boat by
Lonely island is a masterwork of hilarity in my opinion (watch the
video with it)