Re: looping/live tracking what do you call it

Andy Owens wrote:

> instruments, but is that really looping per se? Not having heard a lot
> of what ya’ll do, I’m not really sure, am kind of operating in a
> vacuum.  So I guess here is the question,,,,what is looping?

As long as sounds are looped, it's looping.
That includes the stuff you'd do in the studio with samplers.

This list is, in theory anyway, a place for all types of looping.

Now, as to whether it's "live looping", then that's debatable.

I'd say that canned loops, pre-recorded sequences and any pre defined tempi
are not "live looping".
...but that's just my definition, I can't claim ownership of the term ;-)

Most people here have websites with downloadable music, so it's pretty
easy to find out what we do.

*many* of us have that website advertised on every single post made to to
the list.

andy butler
www.andybutler.com