Re: Early bird loopers with Live?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:07 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
BTW, this seems like the same philosophical misunderstanding that
makes Mobius' unquantized remultiply suck out loud compared to the
EDP.  I really got unquantized rounding wrong....

:-)
Matthias' great invention, and us EDPers just use it without having to think.

Can you two explain this to me? I almost sent a reply to Jeffs post myself, using the same exact phrase that Andy just used, that EDP makes loops, not retriggered samples, but then I realised that I didnt quite understand what Jeff meant by a "unquantized remultiply" or why it was bad on the Mobius. I myself had problems when testing Mobius with the regular multiply function, having come from EDP world, I always got one exact extra cycle than I was expecting, but of course the "instant remultiple down" function, called the "divide" is what REALLY shines for me on Mobius, and if I could have ONE extra thing on the EDP I would want this. (In fact I would save up for weeks and PAY Matt do do it ha ha ha!!)

but what is an unquantised remultiple when its at home? An unrounded multiply I get... (multiply followed by a record right???) but... RE---mult?

Sorry for being a doofus, just want to completely understand andy EDP talk going on...

Mark

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094