Re: OT: Davis Dark Magus // Looping "outside"?

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 4:54 PM, scott hansen <evanpeewee@yahoo.com> wrote:
> my other thought in
> this exploration was: why bother tuning at all?

Interesting approach. I've been adapting this philosophy in the studio
when recording vocals; making sure no one sings in tune or in any kind
of "musically sounding" voice and then mixing those layers rather
softly behind the lead (that of course is in tune and "musically
sounding"). This trick can create a great feel and attitude in a vocal
lead track - so why shouldn't it be possible for guitar as well?

Related association:
BTW, the few times I had a chance to hear Sonny Sharrock play guitar
live it seemed that most tonal aspects were just left for random while
the rhythmic attack and sonic frenzy were the the departments where he
came through with tremendous power.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se