Re: thinking about moving from rack to laptop...advice please!

Simeon,

I would recommend against changing your rig if you are happy with the
way it sounds.  Yes, the weight factor is always an issue, but you
aren't going to care if your rig weighs 2 ounces if it sounds like
crap!  Even with the best software emulations it isn't going to sound
like your current rig.  Similar?  Probably.  But, is similar good
enough when you currently have the "voice of god"?

Just my two cents.

Matt