Re: Augustus Loop, Little Spacy and Crossfade Loop Synth (was RE: Antwerp Loopfest - video)

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 11:06 PM, Sjaak<tcplugin@scarlet.be> wrote:
> I especially liked the
> drone feature and Per: I suppose this is what you mean by "having three
> instances of Augustus Loop all in overdub mode and set to different pitch
> shift"?

Yes, Sir!

> Btw: the manual says "You can play notes from the effect over MIDI,
>assuming
> your host application supports this (not all hosts allow passing notes to
> effects, only to synths)." I think that Mainstage is 1 of them because I
> can't get this feature to work. Or?

I'm happy to say that I think you are wrong! When trying here now I
was actually able to create a new Instrument Patch in Mainstage and
open Crossfade Loop Synth as an Instrument. This means it will receive
MIDI Note input via the graphic keyboard object just as any other
virtual instrument.

Maybe the reason you can't get this feature to work is that you have
opened X-fade Loop Synth as an effect (in an effect insert slot)
rather than as an instrument?

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se