Re: MY NEW TOY

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 10:56 PM, tEd ® KiLLiAn <tedkillian@charter.net> wrote:

When a live looping lappy won't boot up on stage mysteriously (as I have seen all too often), or suddenly has dumped all of a performer's much-labored-over custom FX parameters (also seen), or stubbornly won't recognize their MIDI foot-controller for no particular reason whatsoever (ditto) . . . I have to think schlepping a little redundant gear (so that the show can go on) is not a terrible thing.

Hey, I've proposed naming my new collaboration (with Tom Ritchford, aka Tom Swirly) "Crash proof" as a talisman, after two succeeding gigs where the freaking emu midi interface decided to take a vacation for the entirety of the set, leaving me entirely without footcontrol! (good thing i can actually play that guitar as a guitar!)