Re: Are there any Firewire Midi-Only Interfaces?

Ah.  What was the original question then?

It's well established that USB1 is not useful for real-time (real-ish)
audio applications.  USB2... I've not had success with it myself, but
I've got a MOTU 828 that serves me well (I think I get a round trip
latency of 14 ms on it) , and an M-Audio Firewire Solo to take to gigs
(though that doesn't actually happen)  I found I had all sorts of
problems when I installed the drivers for an NI USB2 Guitar Rig
Session (purchased as a devilish plan to get Guitar Rig for $100) so I
never actually even tried using it. I know a lot of people seem to do
it, but I've always been told that for continuous streaming data
Firewire still rules.  One issue is that you need to buy something
with a Texas Instruments or Lucent Firewire chipset, as the Richo one
will often not work for some reason.