RE: OT(ish): Dhafer Youssef & Eivind Aarset

Hi Christo,

I’d start with Divine Shadows and then Digital Prophecy. Both of these releases are incredible blends of world music and electronics.

If you like Eivind Aarset’s playing, then I’d also suggest Nils Petter Molvaer’s CD, Streamer. It’s live and has some of Eivind’s best textural guitar work.

Recently, Nils and Arve Henricksen played at Le Poisson Rouge in NYC. It was so good that myself and two friends followed them up to Rochester to see them again, doing two separate nights, two sets per night. Amazing music. And only a handful of dates in the USA. (What’s up with that???)

I met Eivind and talked to him a bit. He’s one of the nicest guys, very humble, maybe eve somewhat quiet. But he sure spoke volumes in his playing. He is one of my biggest influences of late…just can’t get enough!

Ed in NJ

PS on a looping / sampling note, Jan Bang played DJ for Arve Henricksen ans was doing things with an old AKAI sampler that were astounding!!!!