Re: OT: for our planned festival - distribution channels regarding "call for performers", legal advice regarding ancillary copyright

Rainer Schwarzschild schrieb:
> Jeff said:
>> Couldn't we have some kind of Creative Commons license? Like Ninjam
>perfomances.
>
> The short answer is "no".
>
> The slightly longer one:

I might have found a way to get around for these kind of collaborations
even with a Gema contract:

If the work isn't done by a single composer/performer, but is a
collaborative work, its simply impossible for the performing rights
organization to put all their restrictions on to it, the other owner of
the right would have to agree, and they can't restrict her in anyway to
use her own rights...
I would have to check on this, but if one of the collaborators of a
Ninjam session isn't a member of ***(Gema, Acap, STIM, Sacem or whatever
which all have contracts under each other to protect their members in
other countries), and wants to distribute as cc-nc, it might be
possible. But anyway, there won't be a possibility to have each
performance under the same license, it depends on the personal contracts
of the musicians involved...

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--