Re: ambivalent feelings about playing live (was: PrePrepared vs. Improvisational)

Mark Sottilaro schrieb:
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Bob Amstadt<bob@amstadt.com> wrote:
>
> How many people have David Torn
> CDs?  How many people have David Bowie's Heathen? It's not because one
> is better or marketed better.  I just think people like the format
> that David Bowie writes in more.

Mark, this sounds all very pessimistic. I bet if I had these thoughts in
my head nobody would like my music including myself...

Thats not how magic works!

Its the opposite, if you like your own stuff, you'll share it. I bet you
will find people which like it, because it means something to you. There
is no need to care about the other 6 billion people in the world who'll
never hear it anyway...

I also bet that the percentage of owners of David Torn CD's which adore
his music is higher than the percentage o owners of David Bowie, Phil
Collins, (fill in any star) music.
The number of sold CD's doesn't mean anything, the percentage of people
you touch when they listen to your music is a more important figure. If
you have 10 listeners and they are all deeply touched also makes you
feel better than any sales figure (out of my own experience...)

Stefan

--
Les Ondes Mémorielles---------x--