Re: Guitar to Midi Converter

Hi all,

I've spent several years using Roland GR synth gear and actually have
GK pickups on a number of my guitars.

When it comes to tracking, yes there are issues concerning how cleanly
one picks and frets the notes on their instrument.

There are also issues from instrument to instrument - no matter how
well you set up the hex pickup, some instruments still seem to track
slightly better than others.

I think there are some guitars that are just not good candidates for
this stuff - but my experience is not extensive enough to say what the
factors involved actually are.

Within the last year or two I've added a VG-99 to my kit as well.

In addition to having the all the usual VG advantages (tracking wise)
the VG-99 also has pitch-to-MIDI conversion capabilities.

These I have not made use of yet - but they're there as an option.

I still have an old GR-1EX that I have used forever and am very
satisfied with.

If I really needed pitch-to-MIDI I expect it would be more convenient
to use that.

There are a lot of options out there though from other companies.

Best,

Ted Killian