Re: Does this effect exist?

Howdy,
 The Ibanez DM series of delays have a "hold" buttn that could be hooked
to a footswitch. If you have a sustaining note and hit the "hold" at the
right instant, that sound will loop until you push it again. Tou can play
over the top of it. Finding that loop point and the time of the
loop,(delay time) is the tricky part. I have done it often