Re: Does this effect exist?

infinite reverb has been common since digital reverbs exist
my first Roland 2000 in 1984 did it at least as nicely!

On 24 Oct 2009, at 19:47, Jeff Duke wrote:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2009 5:38 PM
Subject: RE: Does this effect exist?

Just today i heard the Electro Harmonix "cathedral" reverb and it has a very cool hold function..

Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 08:41:45 -0700
Subject: Does this effect exist?
From: wsirota@wsdesigns.com
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com

I feel it would be useful to have a "freeze" effect that, while a footswitch was held down, would seamlessly loop the previous n milliseconds of sound (with n probably between 150 and 400 or so). This is perhaps for a solo jazz guitar context, but there certainly are other applications. So if i had a note that i was playing that I wanted to sustain while I drop in say, a couple of filler chords, i could hit the button and hold it down to do this (and, obviously, the chords would *not* be input to the freeze function). I don't know what you'd call this - "fingerless infinite sustain"? Anyway, maybe this is doable with one of the reverbs I have, or maybe there's some kind of dedicated effect. any ideas?

Thanks,
Warren