Re: Y2K9 sampler video

Of course, when you're at the fest it's hard to catch everyone - but
some of the highlights for me from the acts I saw were the freshness
of Planet Loop's ensemble performance, the incredible head of steam
Kevin K. was working up until the tragic computer crash, David Cooper
Orton (although I was quite annoyed that such a fine set directly
preceded mine!), Rick playing with everyone, Peter Cor, who I thought
did a nice job of producing grooves and melodies in real time (it
seemed), Onyx Ashanti, who was just smokin', Ariane Cap's political
song, the quirky songs of Entertainment for the Braindead.

To make one general critical observation: I noticed in a number of the
sets (and truly, I don't even know whether this happened in mine or
not - it was probably more observable from the audience than the
stage) that a certain ringing effect might tend to take over the loop,
obscuring new and existing vocal and instrumental parts. Perhaps this
was the intention in some sets, but I couldn't help suspecting
unintentional reverb buildup in the loop. Wondering if it might be
time to start experimenting with sending un-verbed signals into the
loop and adding reverb to the loop output instead.