Fx recorded in the loop or after the loop, was: Y2K9 sampler video

Hi Warren

> unintentional reverb buildup in the loop. Wondering if it might be
> time to start experimenting with sending un-verbed signals into the
> loop and adding reverb to the loop output instead.
I never thought about recording Fx with the loop. I always put Fx after
the looper. It enables me to avoid the "boring" character of a loop over
the track.

And another example: I use loopers with analogue synths partially
instead of a sequencer. This causes the problem that I cannot adjust the
sound later (which is an important element if you are doing stupid
dancefloor music like me). So I inserted a filter after the looper and
recorded the original synth with a quite bright sound. Now I can do the
typical filter sweeps used in this kind of music, though the sound is
from a looper.

Florian