Re: MIDI Looping

I don't think so. But this is typically something I imagine can be built in MAX.

Another suggestion to reach a similar effect in MIDI looping is to define certain MIDI note numbers to trig certain functions. Then you simply play those notes to give looping commands like "record", "stop recording", "new track" etc.

I only know about two applications that would let incoming MIDI note define actions for MIDI looping: Logic and Ableton Live. Both applications offer extensive MIDI data filtering and MIDI data transformation. Logic will be using its global cycle mode for looping, which means all loops has to be of the same length. Ableton Live offers individual lengths for all loops, if you use the Mix View.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com