RE: Novation Launchpad, controller of the gods?

> Will any of these work in conjunction with the Looperlative without a
> computer involved?

Probably not.  What you would need is a standalone box that had a USB
A-Female on one side and MIDI in/out on the other and circuitry to do
the protocol conversion.  Since you're not connected to a computer there
is no bus power so you would need a wall wart.  I've never seen anything
like
this.  There are a lot of USB/MIDI converters out there but they're
designed to be used with a computer and I don't think it's simply a
matter of replacing the USB A-male connectors they all have with a USB
A-female.  I'm sure there are people that could build one, but it's
not a mass market thing.

Jeff