RE: Synciing Mobius/Mainstage (Re: looping with albeton live)

> Plug-ins sync through the AU protocol. It happens completely "under
> the hood". If using Mobius AU as a plug-in of Mainstage Mobius I thing
> it should sync just as Delay Designer and those guys - am I wrong
> here?

There are two things the AU host can tell the plugin about sync: the
current tempo, and a stream of periodic "pulses" whenever the
transport crosses a beat or bar boundary.

I don't know anything about Delay Designer, but simpler plugins that
sync their effects to the host often only care about the tempo for
delay repeats, filter sweeps, etc.

Mobius needs more than just tempo, it was designed to sync with a
running transport so it needs beat pulses to know when to start and
stop recording.  Knowing only the tempo we could record loops of a
pre-defined length but we wouldn't know when to start recording.

But even if Mainstage did have the notion of a timeline, Mobius
doesn't sync with AU host pulses yet anyway.  It isn't hard,
it's just that no one has asked for it.

Jeff