Synciing Mobius/Mainstage (Re: looping with albeton live)

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Chris Sewell <lunamusic@mac.com> wrote:
> I've never found a way to sync Mobius to Mainstage. I think because it's
>not
> a typical DAW and there is no timeline, it can't be done.

Plug-ins sync through the AU protocol. It happens completely "under
the hood". If using Mobius AU as a plug-in of Mainstage Mobius I thing
it should sync just as Delay Designer and those guys - am I wrong
here? (I never slave sync Mobius, so I have not much hands-on
experience on that). Given Mobius is set to one  of the slave sync
option, of course, in its "Configuration/Presets/Synchroonization"
tab. I don't remember which one is correct but there are only about
three option so you can find out quickly by trial and error.

> Delay Designer
> is almost it's own instrument that way.

Yep, but a bit too rigid and CPU consuming for my taste (better in
Logic where CPU cycles are saved due to that host not being real-time
based). I like better to loop with the TapeDelay plugin. Assing and
expression pedal to *feedback* and also assign the same expression
pedal to *freeze* but scaled to freeze the loop only at the very
toe-down position. Then you can assign another expression pedal to
*note* or *groove* and make funny tape reel scratching noises on the
side. I think it's cool use a TApeDelay plug-in as part of the patch
PRE looper and maybe catch cool glitches in the loop by a quick
overdub as it happens. The "fidelity degradation" of the Tape Delay
sounds cool too. It even works in Freeze Mode but then the loop lasts
a lot longer, only slowly falls apart.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se