Re: Taking VSTs out on the road

I have owned several Emu 19" modules but IMO, they sounds a little
dated compared to more recent rack units.
Sjaak Overgaauw

Im sure you are right Sjaak, I have heard this myself... it didnt deter me too much cos I have never been able to afford "the latest things" and Im not really sure what dated means. I still use the EDP for example. ha ha! By the time most of my sound sources hit the mixer, they have been effected to f*** and enjoy mis-treating old gear and spend hours tweaking and mangling patches. I am certainly going to be reading up on all the interesting alternative you have quoted however. My suggestion was merely meant as something one can get quite cheap nowadays.

The Receptor really looks like a cool box, but I wil never afford one in my wildest dreams, so I dont go there!!!! I would however be interested in a box with hard drive, with enough space to keep a bunch of VSTs in, that you can load one at a time. Preferably with a bunch of programmable knobs right there... I want something where I load a VST, configure the knobs to what that instrument needs, and then save it, for later recall.
I can use my Fireworx for most things, but I have made s few cool VSTs in my time, and would love them in my rack!  One such is the Tap-slicer.. a slicer VST where the "holes" that the slice makes are filled in by delay from just before the slice.. in multiple taps.. Can nearly do it using 2 EDPs on delay mode and a slice on the Fireworx.. but its not the same.

--
www.markfrancombe.com
http://vimeo.com/user825094