Re: Taking VSTs out on the road

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Sjaak Overgaauw <tcplugin@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Proteus 1 sound a
> little flat IMO

I still have my old Proteus 1 that I ordered direct from USA in the
eighties before any Scandinavian companies picked importing the unit.
The "crappy" sound has a certain charm to it. A warning though, the
Proteus has a rather slow MIDI response. I could work around that when
sequencing it, but for live playing I'm not sure it totally measures
up. Today I have to use it with a computer because the unit's LCD
window has grown unreadable ;-) The P1 offers powerful sound patch
programming options but I remember I kind of missed a good sounding
LFO controlled resonance filter.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se