Re: semi-OT: korg mini-kaoss pad??

I have one on a mic stand and I love it to add effects sweeps to sustained notes and loops.  You can do really nice rhythmic things by tapping the pad art various places to sort of slice the signal with different effect parameters.  I really have enjoyed it, $150 well spent imo.

Kevin

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Toby G <carpet8@mac.com> wrote:
I had one.  I ended up selling it.  For me, it seemed to work better with repetitive rhythms like a techno drum pattern.  They are fairly cheap at 149 bucks so it's not a big loss to experiment with one.

toby
----- Original Message -----
From: scott hansen
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:07 PM
Subject: semi-OT: korg mini-kaoss pad??

last night i watched a bunch of youtube clips of guitarists
playing w/ the korg mini-kaoss pad (w/ guitar)
wow, i thought the sounds coming out of that thing was amazing.

has anyone played w/ one, experimented w/ one...it seemed to sound better than
when i had the original kaoss pad yrs ago..

just curious if anyone had any experience w/ one.....
s---

--
Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)

Sound and Vision:  http://www.minds-eye.org
Video http://www.vimeo.com/user877640/videos