Re: OT: Prog Rock in 5 minutes ;-)

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@gmx.net> wrote:
> I couldn't resist posting this...
> http://www.cracked.com/funny-2359-progressive-rock/

Hilarious! This was the first I read as I came back from meeting The
Mars Volta ;-)) LOL

Seriously, I dug Jan Akkerman's guitar playing as well as the jazz
based drumming in Focus Hokus Pokus back in the seventies. But as
teenager I never understood why those older guys all had those stupid
mustaches? Thought "that must be because they are Dutch or something".
As for Thijs van Leer's jodling I took it for "just an accident due to
bad taste" and skipped over that part when copying my listening
cassette tapes for guitar studies.

BTW here's a much better and fully modern fast-guitar-jodling as a
comparison:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sprugian#p/u/10/dILxkoTjtl8

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen