Re: What public is attracted by a Y2K Sampler Video? (looping technology or artform)

I am overwhelmed by all the posts about my question!
It brought up very different aspects, so I will try to split them up a
bit...

On 12 Dec 2009, at 18:39, Zoe Keating wrote:

> i still think of looping as a technical term. interesting to those
> of us who care about technical things.

this amazes me.
your music would not be done in any other way, would it?
to hear many layers of the same instrument and the same player with
the same expression is an experience that goes far beyond technology.
Don't you think listeners are fascinated by such sound clusters?

and musicians are driven into very different inspiration channels by
looping!
Don't you think a public could be able to understand this and search
for it?

so back to my question, I might reformulate:
can we show in a a short video collection what the fascination about
livelooping is?
Did we even try?