Re: Digitech JamMan, Mark-god-knows-what

Hi TR,
I have both the Time Bender and actually two Vortex although I am only
using
one right now.

The Time Bender while not a Vortex is in it's own right a very powerful
delay. The looper included is just a simple phrase sampler with not many
features and I don't use it. No feedback for example. Real basic. You can
apply the harmonys and modulation after the loop is made and modify it.
The Time bender can "morph" from any combination of settings to any other
combination of settings in a given delay type with an ex ped and there are
lot of settings. I have just begun to dig into it and find new things
daily.
As a delay it can also do short (5 sec) loops by freezing whatever is in
it
while you play over it sort of like the Digitech hardwire and Digidelays.
While it is playing back you can sweep the frozen bit with an ex ped for
extreme mangling. The analog and dynamic delays are great! Oh and the tone
knob, this tone knob is like no other. I am leaving out much much more.
Like
envelope delay pattern play!
That said I am not giving up my Vortex which is still unique, I use it for
it's extreme stereo spread type fx. And it's a wicked little short looper
also!

I have another friend who got a Time Bender on this list but have not
heard
back from him since he got it yet. It is for me the most fun and unique
delay pedal to come out in a long while. The combination of the harmonize
and envelope delays, the ability to strum patterns/time sigs/key changes
are
also great. when the delay is off there does not appear to be any tone
sucking going on. No input leveal problems either. Completely modern
design.

Don't sell the Vortex yet but do try the Time Bender if you can. Zzsounds
has a 30 day 100% return policy so your safe for a test drive. Make sure
you
have an ex ped also. This is a passive volume pedal type. Many keyboard
type
will not work with it I am told. I am using an Ernie Ball jr vol pedal.
They
are rather vague about what works but there is info in the forums.

enough out of me,

Jeff