Re: Dancing in the Little Giant on FCB graveyard :-)

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 4:19 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> Actually it was THIS pic I remembered...
>
> http://www.markfrancombe.com/wordpress/?page_id=339

Ok, that makes more sense! I got misled by your initial mentioning of
the year 1981 (found no other pic filed that year). Uncle Ian was very
advanced from the very beginning I see. In the early 80's I had to
experiment with electronics and looping all by myself, since the bands
I played in were either Pop (Costello school), Jazz (Metheny,
Abercrombie style) or Reggae (Black Uhuru style) and those musicians
did not like too much experimentation - neither did their audience ;-)
 By -84 I finally managed to put together an electronic
experimentation duo that got some gigs much thanks to the post punk
spoken word festival scene. I think it's more fun today when you can
realize live projects with less effort, thanks to the available
technology.

per