Re: Abelton Live question

mark francombe schrieb:
> Yes this and it used to work fine... I had a piano on one track with a
> delay after it and a gate after that, then on a completely NEW track I
> had a synth with an Arp midi effect..
> I USED to be able to just select the yellow HEADER of the channel, and
> play the keyboard and THAT instrument + effects would play.
Mhmm, seems to look fine to me (judging from that screenshot you posted
- http://skitch.com/markfrancombe/dw6xm/preferences)

One thing you can use when going troubleshooting is those level meters
you have at various positions in Live. In that example shot, you have:
    a) the meter next to the "All Channels" text on your "keys" track -
this is what comes into the input interface for that track.
    b) a meter on the left side of your piano synth - this is the MIDI
data that goes into the plugin (not necessarily processed by it, though)
    c) a meter on the right side of the synth - that's the audio going out

Same for the other plugins you have here, and then of course the channel
output's meter (in that mixing console part of the track view, next to
the fader).

Now, in that situation where nothing works (and I assume you took the
screenshot when you were specifically in that situation):
Which of those meters move and which do not when you play your keyboard?

(Also, I assume that you dropped your other synth on the track saying
"10-Ryhtmic" in the track header, is that correct?)

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs