Re: Dancing in the Little Giant on FCB graveyard :-)

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 9:55 PM, mark francombe <mark@markfrancombe.com>
wrote:
> WOW.. thats crazy..

It's not that much. Only looks so because some banks is for applying
the same command but to optional Mobius tracks. I just do the basic
EDP stuff but remember that Mobius kind of equals 8 EDPs.

> I have 2 questions... so you had your FCB programmed as 12345678910
>(change
> bank) 11 12 13 14  15 16 17 18 19 20 etc???

yep.

> Is that right? And then you assigned the actions you wanted to this
>setup?

Yep.

> (Using midi learn in Mobius or midi learn in you host (Mainstage is it?)

Preferably assigned in Mobius, since I use Mobius with different host
applications and I like to set Mobius to snag my tap dance MIDI
directly from the MIDI port, thus side-stepping the host's MIDI
port/distribution.

But with both Mainstage and Bidule I set up some actions to happen
from the host's MIDI In Port representation; but never the Mobius
looping, only live playing of effect plug-in parameters.

> I guess you have one MAIN bank and a bunch of esoteric banks?
> (that was question one, more of a musing really... )

I kind of spread it out "ergonomically" - trying to optimize the MIDI
Pedal for free improvisation in live looping. That's sort of the
opposite strategy to a guy like for example Kid Beyond because he
optimizes it for a smooth performance of a strong repertoire. I rather
keep a few options open for immediate decision while playing - but not
too many options. Reducing the number of options is crucial in free
improvisation. Better know a few turns well and go from there IMHO. I
mean, it's only technique, Music is unlimited anyway.

> and secondly.. how the HELL did you remember what was where???

HOw do you remember the notes on your guitar? Doesn't it have 144
frets where you may push down a string...

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com