Re: Questions regarding Gordius LG2 MIDI pedalboard

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 12:25 AM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
wrote:
> First off, I believe you need to use the editor librarian to program the
>ext
> switch functions. I may be wrong.

You are perfectly right, Bill! I just had it confirmed by the
manufacturer that manual programming of the pedal is obsolete. Even
though the manual menus let you define the setup for external switches
your (manual) settings are simply not detected by the pedal. You
really have to use the editor software and for now only a Windows
version of that is available. For a musician touring without a laptop,
or with a Mac OS pc, this is important to know. Myself I have a Mac OS
laptop as part of my instrumentation so I will look into options for
putting back my Windows XP Bootcamp partition (maybe on a USB stick?).

Before buying the LG2 I read everything at the web site, the manual
and other PDFs but I still missed the information about manual
programming not working properly. The LG2 is still a great piece of
gear and I see no equally powerful alternative on the market, so I
don't regret buying it at this "bad time". Great things for the LG2 is
in the pipeline for the future; new firmware and Mac OS version of the
editor. I think it is good that the manufacturer is sharing these
plans and explaining in public that they are holding back on the
upgrade release for the sake of securing stability in the final
product (...can't help about thinking about the SoftStep that
announced shipping by June and then just disappeared in silence).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com