Re: Electron Octatrack

mark francombe wrote:
> Hey Andy,  dont be such a party pooper!

...and that goes for Christmas too...

> "your captured loops will immediately be time stretched to the BPM of
> the Octatrack."
>

>     Can that feature be switched off?
>

> this is the same as repeater, and you cant switch that off...  its a
> loop, it stretches to fit the bpm... thats what I took that to mean...

I thought you *could* switch that off in the Repeater.

Why don't all you prospective purchasers email the company
with your requirements?

This is the best time to do it, before they finished it.
Being able to tap in a loop without having it stretched
(and to take the bpm from that) can't be hard for them
to implement, but it's easy for them to overlook.

>     Caveat no.2
>
>     "5. Guitarists and multi-instrumentalists looking for the best
>     looper option around?"
>
>     anyone who claims "the best looper" doesn't know what a stupid
>     comment that is.
>

> ha ha I agree.. pretty risky, but I do LOVE the products from them, they
> are a great company, and to dare to make such a claim, is at least a
> challenge

daring?
probably they are as unaware of the whole live looping thing
as the rest of the world.

>     Caveat no.3
>     Isn't the favoured repeater trick the one where the pitch and tempo
>     change
>     together, aka varispeed? There's no mention of that.
>

> Thats  a crap repeater gimmick yes... who uses that more than once?

see.... saying that was fun wasn't it ;-)

andy