Re: OT? Driving a VG unit and guitar synth

On 1/21/11 12:14 AM, "paul" <phaslem@wightman.ca> wrote:
> At 07:59 AM 1/20/2011, Dustbunnies wrote:
>>
>> (P.S. There's another footswitch besides the GKP-4 or US-20 that will
>allow
>> you to take two GK inputs and route them to three different devices.
>It's a
>> custom job from a different company out of, I think, Germany.
>
> The other device from Germany that I think you're referring
> to is a SW41 by Klaus Schock (
> http://www.klausschock.com/Products/products.html
> ) It's designed to use up to 4 different guitars
> going out to one 13 pin device.

I've seen Klaus' box before, but actually that wasn't the one I was
thinking
of.  The one to which I was referring is here:

        http://www.chd-el.cz/index.php?id=140&lngid=en

The SGUS-3 by Elektroservis, out of Praha (not Deutschland, as I'd
originally stated).  Allows for one GK instrument to be routed to any or
all
of three GK devices (Roland VG, GR, etc.).

Also, I was mistaken bout the second input.  Rather, that second jack is an
audio output so that the normal guitar pickup's signal can be taken
straight
from the 13-pin cable to another effect loop or amp.

Price is 165 Euros, which is comparable to the US-20 price (but with more
functionality).  Don't know what shipping is like, but the pricelist was
updated January 2011, so he's keeping current, it seems.

    --m.