Re: m13 - m9

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:51 PM, Gareth Whittock
<buddhamachine@live.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm thinking of getting one of these for psychedelic/ambient textures,
>(in
> combination with laptop looping and special effects).
> I'm currently using Guitar rig 4 for this.
>
> What's the verdict guys? Pro's and cons?

Hi Gareth,
I'm an ambient looper, and I use an M13 for 2 reasons

1) as pre-looper FX before the signal is further processed by my laptop
2) as a backup system together with a DD-20

You can quickly create new sounds and textures, it's easy to use.
Regarding the sound quality, don't expect cristal a clear Eventide for
this price but most delay and reverb effects are good enough. The
analog delays can sound very harsh and anything but warm, I don't like
them personally, the DD-20 analog delay emulation is far better than
the M9 or M13. Anyway, it's a reliable unit, and used it every live
and studio setup for almost a year now.

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/