Re: m-13 m-9

On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 6:59 PM, William Walker <billwalker@baymoon.com>
wrote:
>> Sjaak said:
>>   The analog delays can sound very harsh and anything but warm, I don't
>like
>> them personally, the DD-20 analog delay emulation is far better than
>> the M9 or M13.
>  Hey Sjaak are you referring to the way these delays respond to
>regeneration
> feedback? If so I see your point, when using run away regeneration I've
> noticed a certain
> harshness when going in to self oscillation but other wise They sound
>fine.

That's exactly what I mean. I have to check the exact settings of my
M13 patches but I think it's the analog delay with modulation which
sounds harsh when you set feedback too high. On the other hand, you
can use it to create nice ambient texture like crickets ;-) Regarding
the DD-20, the sound of the analog delay differs a lot from the M13.
With feedback between 90% 100%, you can create beautiful sounding
textures with a decay of minutes and imo it sounds less harsh and more
usefull in the mix compared to the line 6.

> This is a really nice processor Gareth that can do
> ambience textures really well and is more loaded feature -wise than
>anything
> in its price range. The only effect I know of in its class with two
> expression pedal ports for effects depth morphing. This feature alone
>gives
> the M-9 so much control its ridiculous.

I agree with that 100%, that's why I bought it and happy with it.

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/