Re: inexpensive synth

[WARNING: serious post ahead!  Doesn't happen often with me...]

>> oscillator waves in "tables" - can it do wavetables? We don't know.
>
> Using "tables" is the standard programming technique for making digital
>oscillators.

There's a difference between a look up table ("LUT") and a wavetable...

LUTs are definitely used for digital oscillators when you don't have
enough
available power to calculate the wave in real time or when you want to
generate
an arbitrary function.  A LUT is really just a list of precalculated wave
values
for one complete oscillation.  (For some symmetrical waves, the LUT may
only
list the first half or first quarter of the wave.)

A wavetable is a series of such precalculated waves.  For sound
generation, the
cool thing about that is you can choose which wave or waves you want to
use for
a particular sound.  You can sweep through part or all of the table to get
particular sound and/or morph from one wave to another over some period of
time
while interpolating between the two...

Regards,
Doug

You can pry my Microwave XT from my cold dead fingers!  LOL