Re: SoftStep vs 1010

You replied that to me, but seem to have intended it for the list, so
I post on the list with your mail still attached. (remember to use
plain text to the list BTW- I have reformatted you, ouch!)

Yes both Per and I would recommend the Gordius, but only he(Per) has
really any right to, as he has one! I am sure that some of the other
pedals suggested also do what you need. But that is really the point,
what do you NEED? I believe that apart from the size, you will be very
happy with the FCB in combination with Mobius. I use this exact setup
for my laptop solution. The later FCBs have good firmware and there
are editors for them, personally I still have firmware v.1 and it
works for me, and I have become deft at programming the bugger,
although some find it hard to start with, if you get one on MY
recommendation, I will happily be your personal guide, to set up for
Mobius. Per has an outstanding approach for setting standard numbers
for all the pedals, (one huge boring job) and then using the software
(Mobius) to do all the work from then on, never have to touch the
pedal again. This only works for software that can "midi Learn" and
not at all for hardware.

So, on my FCB I have Banks ascending from Bank zero (1,2,3,4 etc)
programmed with simple arbitary ascending CC numbers) and Banks
descending from 0  (9, 8 7 6) are specifically programmer with bits of
hardware in mind, EDPs and Fireworx mostly) So I have 2 totally
separate setups on for software and one for hardware.

Most beginners need to discovr if looping is really for them, and
therfore its better not to spend too much straight out, doncha think?

Mark

--
mark francombe
www.markfrancombe.com