Re: Re: ADK Pro Audio PC VS MacBook Pro

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Dennis Moser wrote:
> :P ... that's funny, Mark! (It's also what my wife said when she
> bought her first iMac (2nd Gen), after she plugged it in, fired it up
> and was immediately surfing!)
>
> Look, ALL computers are capable of having problems. Be aware of it, be
> prepared for it and then be pleasantly surprised if you don't have any
> major issues with yours.
>
> Per and I both are recommending that since Rafael has said he has the
> budget to afford Apple hardware, but that he's a PC guy, that he go
> ahead and buy the Mac and ONLY run Windows on it........

After reading Dennis and Per's informed post,  I would agree
wholeheartedly with their
recommendations.   Between the two of them, they have a lot more experience
with both of these platforms.

It's interesting to hear that the refresh cycle of common PC laptops is
shorter than
for Macs.    That, in itself, has to be a very powerful mitigating piece
of information.

The only thing I can think of that gives pause is that those PC laptops
are a lot cheaper,
economically, speaking.     The price differential of a rompin' stompin'
laptop these days
is about $500 - $1,000 from my current research.     But I also have
only bought a 'state of
the art' computer once in my life and have always bought slightly
trailing edge gear
in this realm due to my own finances.

Also, it sounds like you have the budget, so go for it.

Yeah,  bud.   Go with Dennis and Per's recommendations and good luck with
your looping!

yours,   Rick