Re: Re: ADK Pro Audio PC VS MacBook Pro

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
> PC laptops are a lot cheaper,
> economically, speaking.

Indeed they are. I've owned and built a lot of dedicated music
computers with Windows only compatible hardware (I pick the hardware
based on what components are known to work well together) and I have
also owned a lot of computers by Apple. I agree that a Windows only PC
can be cheaper to buy but if you use the computer as your working tool
for earning your living I've always found Macs to turn out as cheaper
in the long run. I've had two Apple motherboard breakdowns but as I
pay extra for insurance I got a new machine right a way and lost only
a few working hours. In the pro world this translates as "cheaper",
since you loose money if your tools fail and you can't deliver.
Finally, I tend to not buy the latest model, rather "last year's
model" because then I can chose the gear that has proven to work well
for what I intend to use it for.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se