Re: Looper developer looking for opinions on some interface questions

Me again!  Finally, I've put together something resembling a demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaFI7wzvrog

I haven't shown everything yet (one big feature that I'll do another demo
with soon is merging by dragging from one track to another), but it gives
an idea of what I'm up to.

What do you think?

The next thing I'm trying to decide is quantized events:

 - One-finger tap in the middle of a track punches in straight away
 - If you do a 2-finger tap *after* a 1-finger tap (that is, 2-finger tap
while recording), anywhere on screen, it schedules a quantized punch-out,
based on 1 cycle of the master clock length.
 - A 2-finger tap gesture from a non-recording state begins a quantized
punch in, followed by a quantized punch out.
 - A menu item (access menu by holding track) lets you set the auto-punch
duration, from 1x the master loop, to multiples of that, or fractions of
that (as in, 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, etc, in one direction, and 1/2, 1/3, 1/4,
1/5, 1/6, etc. in the other direction).

I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on it.

Also, I'd love any feedback on those thoughts about editing the master
track duration:  The master track length is set by the first loop, and is
displayed visually along the bar at the bottom, like ruler tick marks.
Pinch to adjust the length - that is, multiply it out, or divide it up.
Or drag a track to the bar at the bottom to have the master clock sync to
that track.

Cheers =)
Michael