Re: Elektron Octatrack used as a looper of sorts.. now with working link...(sorry)

sounds like the modulaton department is well stacked. From what I understood sampling to the card for live looping has not been considered an option BY THE DESIGNERS. So now it's down to the RAM size.
I am really curious to get my hands on one of these beasts!

Antony

From: Anders Bergdahl <anders_e_bergdahl@hotmail.com>
To: Loopers Delight <loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Sun, March 6, 2011 11:55:18 AM
Subject: RE: Elektron Octatrack used as a looper of sorts.. now with working link...(sorry)

I think  the sampling limitation are sofware limitations, and in part due to RAM limitations on the Flex machines. For longer samples it would be nice to record direct to card.  I really like the effects you can also let LFO affect a lot of effect parameters in a beat synced way. The LFO can also be applied to pitch, staring point and the rate, rate goes from "normal" or realtime to slow down to full reverse.. it's really cool to map these thing to scenes and control it with the crossfader, or map the to sequencer steps so that you reverse just, for example, 1/4 of the sample... or again asign it to an LFO which you can design with its own pattern. And i haven't even started using sample slicing, micro timing, different time signatures on two track for polyryhtms...
MUch fun can be had with this device...