Re: The old "1U MIXER thread" Once again for fun!

mark francombe wrote:
> Currently a Behringer  Eurorack
> Pro 1U 16 input, 1 aux, mute buttons, pan.

> Absolute necessities MUST BE (dont post if these are not available)
> 1) 1U
> 2) 8 STEREO channels (16 mono is also ok, but annoying..)
> 3) 1 AUX SEND

Alesis Multimix Line 8
(it's not hissy)
...and it's mod-able,
the circuit schematic is available.

> 1)Some other way to send signal to my loopers. Currently I'm wasting the
> send on that.
> I could do with either an EXTRA send but i dont really like that,
> because I dont NEED to set a level everytime I want to loop... I want to
> do that on the looper, I just want to route the signal, via a switch.

I could look at the Alesis schematic and see if that's possible.
...but it would need holes drilling in some tough metal,
and (i expect) some additional resistors.

> The Behringer has a MUTE switch, and Ive often thought about if I could
> take a signal from THAT bus to the loopers, so instead of muting it
>routed.

while on some mixers the Mute goes to a Bus, that's not the
case here.
Likely those switches are just single pole single throw
(just on/off)...it might be possible to re-purpose them
as sends, but I think you'd need some additional circuitry.

Without a schematic, modding isn't at all easy.

My pre-schematic attempt to mod the Alesis was a disaster.

> 2)Some kind of insert: just on the main outs would be ok (I neens to put
> my WHOLE rig thru one stereo effect. (I can achieve this just by putting
> the mixer before this effect so its not a biggie)

another possible Alesis mod would do this (but would use
up the circuit you wanted for the aux send)

> 3)A really basic EQ.

no ideas

andy