Re: Tomy Levin live looping

Two other listeners over at the Stick forum report having seen him do
this live with a volume pedal. That makes us three. I think the "bow
sound" in the early stage of each bass note is the distortion, as it
comes out when there is no string plucking sound left in the note
attack. Levin is also known for using a lot of compression on the
Stick (easily spotted on Elephant Talk by Crimson).

However - there really is an awesome effect patch that makes a Stick
bass (or normal electric bass) sound like a warm buzzing fretless
double bass: The Digitech BP8 set to a patch using its "fretless
simulator". Sound example here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ2MP8wacIE

Pedal image here:
http://www.bonesweb.com/Bobbybones/Images/bp8_lrg.jpg