Re: OT: Upright Bass Pickup?

The best option I know of for stringed instruments is not a pick up:  the
DPA 4099 clip on mic.   About $500.

A good pick up system is of similar cost-- Schertler has a line of good
sounding stringed instrument pick ups .  The lower cost products  (i.e.
FIshman BP) don't come close to either of these options sonically but are
useable --IMO, at the under $200 price point there isn't a lot of diff in
the quality of the transducers.