Re: Re: Ukulele Loop Dreams was looping on npr

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Rainer Straschill wrote:
> Now this is going completely OT, but, for anyone among you who doesn't
> know this piece - check it out! Bartok rules!
Yes, I heartily second your recommendation, Rainer.

To me, the use of quite dynamics in the Concerto for Orchestra is one of
the highlights in my musical experience.
To hear a really superb orchestra play this piece of music is just
indescribable.    You just can't get it on a recording
of any kind.

I also love his 6 'String Quartets' and the sublime 'Music for Strings,
Percussion and Celesta'.

Bartok has an amazing way of using dissonance mixed with really
beautiful and sometimes very inside harmony.
He's modern and classic in the same breath which, to me, is a hard thing
to pull off in modern classical music.

What are some of your favorites,   Rainer?      There is much of his
music I haven't experienced.

Rick Walker
who's on a huge  Impressionist classical music binge lately, listening
to a lot
of Ravel, Debussy, Faure, Satie and then a bunch of Elgar, Britten and
Ralph Vaughn Williams
..........."The Lark Ascending"  is just so achingly sad and beautiful
by the latter.