Re: A looping fork in the road. Which way do I go?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, todd reynolds wrote:
> I had one person suggest recently that the problem might be power, as
> one thing which is happening during performance is the addition to
> lights,  though you can be sure my power isn't on a dimmer!  lol.
Over the years,   Bill and I have both had a lot of problems with
'brown' electricity.
The Lexicon Jamman was notoriously unreliable when the voltage in house
got too low.
(that's always one salient advantage to owning battery powered gear)

Voltage can,  of course,  vary quite a bit in different venues (at least
in the US....what's your take everyone  else?)
.........especially places like restaurants and
coffee shops and museums/galleries  where the building was not designed,
specifically, for musical performance.

Standard practice is to always be on a different circuit than your
lighting but many buildings don't have different
circuits for the AC they provide.

You can buy a very expensive power conditioner that keeps voltage at the
right level but they
are pretty expensive ($500 USD) and they are really heavy.   I've never
invested, myself, but I've had
a few heartbreaking equipment failures in my time during performances,
as well.

I wonder if Macbook Pro owners have had any problems with brown
electricity.    Anyone know?

rick walker