Recording...

As far as recording things in general.

I have a small mixer (Mackie 1402) patched into my computer system. This
setup allows anything playing on the computer or anything plugged into
the mixer to be recorded into my digital audio editor (Audition). Works
well without requiring any additional piece of software. This should
work with most mixers and DAWs.

Actually the mixer is overkill for the way I record. Never use the EQ or
Aux buses. Usually do much processing after the fact.