Re: What's your looper control strategy?

On 7/22/64 11:59 AM, Per Boysen wrote:
It was a year now since I skipped bringing a little MIDI hand mixer
and my recent live looping is all controlled by just one MIDI foot
pedalboard with ten switches and two expression pedal. However, I'm
now thinking of plugging in my old mini MIDI hand mixer again as well
as getting a third expression pedal in. I've been feeling
uncomfortable with the heavy "tap dancing" on the control pedals
needed for such a foot dependent control situation.
Hey Per,

I don't know if you have an iPhone, iTouch or an iPad or not, but
with Hans Lindauers' brilliant new "Missing Link" (miniscule wireless OSC to Midi converter box)
and the TouchOSC app on one of these hand helds makes for a very powerful
portable wireless controller.

You could, literally, velcro an iPhone to a Sax, Stick or Guitar and be able to control loops after the
fact wirelessly.

And, for some odd reason...........I find that hand controlling of things just looks better on stage than tap dancing on pedals. I don't know why that is, but I've asked several non-performers about that
and they agree...

.....why would that be? I suppose it's because our hands are so much more controllable than our feet
and most of civilization was built using the hands, as opposed to the feet.

Other thoughts? disagreements with my take on it? this subject just fascinates me.

Here's another one: Tapping with your toe on stage looks dorky...............tapping with your heel looks funky (as any self respecting professional fun musician about this little trick of the trade.......lol)

Why?   Weird.

rick walker