Re: What's your looper control strategy?

I think smooth performance logistics is another very important factor
when deciding on a live looping strategy! Simply put: you don't want
to bore people off before you get to the point ;-))

I put fist priorities in setting my rig up in a way that you can
instantly make an interesting sound form the first note. What this
means to me at a tech detail level is having some kind of instant
pre-loop effect that can freeze a chunk of sound you might play;
opening the option to play over it or record it into a loop. Or just
giving you a few seconds to plan ahead what music to come up with
next.

One may also think about nifty ways do generate two, or more, musical
parts from the same played sound. Example: catching live sound into a
temporarily detuned loop, to be tuned back later on and then bring out
the fresh audio as a slightly different musical part than the audience
heard you play in the first place at during the looping stage.

Per